ASLEC-ANZ welcomes your participation in the more-than-human world.
If you are interested in a cross disciplinary dialogue about the relationship between human culture, natural history and global ecologies, you will enjoy our discussion, publications and practices reporting on how the arts and humanities are responding to global climate change and loss of biodiversity.
Join and become a member here.
Our membership comprises writers, artists, cinematographers, and musicians as well as academics working in and across several areas of the ecological humanities, including ecocritical literary and cultural studies, environmental art, environmental history and the history of science, anthropology, ecophilosophy and cultural geography.
Membership includes the following benefits:
- Opportunity to present at ASLEC-ANZ conferences and affiliate ASLE conferences
- Regular e-newsletter with member news, publication opportunities, job vacancies and relevant events
- Personalised profile on our website
- Collegial support and networking opportunities with a community of like-minded writers, artists, scholars and practitioners
- Opportunity to have your say in the future of ASLEC-ANZ through member surveys, participation in the AGM, and serving on the executive committee
ASLEC-ANZ is affiliated with a worldwide network of similar associations, of which the first was founded in the USA in 1992 (www.asle.org), followed by Korea (ASLE-Korea), the UK & Ireland (ASLE UKI), Japan (ASLE), Europe (EASCLE), India (OSLE and ASLE) and Canada (ALECC).
How to join:
Joining is a two-step process. To become a member or renew your membership, please (1) complete the form below, then (2) wait to receive an invoice from us with instructions on completing payment. Please allow a week for us to send the invoice. If you have not heard from us after a week, please email our Managing Coordinator, Alanna Myers, email@example.com .